Cellular exercise in the form of PEMF can help your body heal itself. PEMF is short for pulsed electromagnetic fields.
I’ve spent many years researching PEMF and how to incorporate it into my natural healing practice. With the myriad of different systems available, I wanted to ensure I chose a PEMF system that was robust, effective and made in the United States.
I chose to utilize a system that my colleagues found extremely effective and one that effectively improved my patients’ healing ability.
In my office, clients who have:
- chronic knee pain
- chronic shoulder pain
- frozen shoulder
- Parkinson’s disease
- and a host of other chronic and acute health challenges are benefitting from cellular exercise using our Pulse Centers NRG Pro system.
WHAT IS AN ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD? WHAT ARE PEMFS?
“If you have ever held two magnets in your hands, tried to force them together, and felt a resistance between them, then you have experienced a magnetic field. The Earth has its own magnetic field, produced by fluxes in the molten metal in the core of the planet. The presence of this field is what causes a compass to rotate so that the ‘north pole’ of the compass points roughly north.
A changing magnetic field (such as a magnetic field moving through a coil) generates an electric field (which would drive a current in the coil). This forms the basis for many electrical generators and motors. Similar to the way that a changing magnetic field can generate an electric field, a changing electric field generates a magnetic field.
This is a natural activity of the universe. An electromagnetic field is a physical field produced by moving electrical charges. It affects the behavior of any other charged objects in the vicinity of the field.
PEMF stands for Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Fields, which are widely used these days to improve circulation and cell metabolism. The body can become accustomed to nonmoving (or static) magnetic fields, which are generally unable to deeply penetrate the body.
A pulsed electromagnetic field, however, is quite dynamic, is able to penetrate all the way through the body, and creates a cascade of effects within the body.
It is important to distinguish between the electromagnetic fields we use for therapeutic purposes, and other man-made electromagnetic fields from power lines, microwave ovens, cell phones, etc., which can cause damage to our bodies. The PEMF devices we recommend all produce safe, natural electromagnetic fields which are of lower frequency, and are complementary to the chemistry and functions of the body.” Read more about this here.
WHAT SOLD ME ON PEMF (AND THE SYSTEM WE USE) WAS THE BENEFITS I PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED USING THE CELLULAR EXERCISE DEVICE. LET ME EXPLAIN HOW PEMF MAY HELP YOU:
Each body contains over 75 Trillion cells and they are the basic building blocks of all living things. Cells provide structure for the body, absorb in nutrients from food, convert those nutrients into energy, and carry out specialized functions.
Cellular exercise increases cellular membrane permeability. This allows better circulation of oxygen and nutrients into your cells.
PEMF also helps eliminate carbon dioxide and waste products out of the cells. To understand the difference between a healthy and an unhealthy cell think of a fresh picked grape and a raisin.
The grape is full of life and energy, while the raisin is drained of its essence. Healthy cells have the energy to maintain proper electrical balance. This balance allows cells to repair and regenerate, keeping the right amount of water and nutrients ﬂowing into and out of the cell.
The raisin, or unhealthy cell, lacks a proper electrical charge, interfering with the repair cycle and the essential ﬂow of water and nutrients. Without these key elements, cell health and overall health suffers.
SCIENCE HAS PROVEN THAT DAMAGED, WEAK CELLS HAVE AN IMBALANCED ELECTRICAL GRADIENT OR CHARGE. SCIENCE HAS FOUND THERE ARE ONLY 4 MAIN WAYS TO RECHARGE A CELL:
- Raw Food
- Spring Water
- Magnetic Fields
The first three options important but slow to impact the body. Now, you can quickly bring cells back into electrical balance with Pulsed Magnetic Cellular Exercise (PMCE). Each cell then has the energy to work as the body intended – to repair and regenerate– increasing nutrient circulation and oxygen ﬂow.
THE BETTER YOUR CELLS WORK – THE BETTER YOU WILL WORK.
Everything that goes on inside your body and every interaction you have with the outside world is controlled by your brain. Humans have 100 billion neurons (brain cells)that depend on oxygen.
The brain requires a great deal of oxygen to function. PEMF can increase your cellular level of oxygen absorption.
THE BETTER YOUR BRAIN FUNCTIONS – THE BETTER YOU WILL FUNCTION.
Healthy bones, muscles and organs are essential to enjoying everyday living. One of the effects of stress is a general increase in tension within the skeletal muscles. Unnecessary stress induced muscle tension causes lack of energy and makes us susceptible to illness. PEMF may assist in reducing pain and inflammation, the stimulation of tissue healing, and the strengthening of bones.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF CELLULAR RECHARGING OR CELLULAR EXERCISE?
- PEMF changes your energy at the cellular level. Remember you are made of over 75 trillion cells in your body. Cells are the basic building blocks of all living things. PEMF affects the capacitance of all the cells it contacts, improving their ability to hold a charge. Capacitance is the ability of a cell to store an electrical charge. Recharging the cells accelerates the body’s natural healing ability.
• PEMF directly affect the systems responsible for healing the body. No healing, repair or growth takes place in the body without the signals, or electrical impulses, sent by the central and peripheral nervous systems. PEMF directly impacts the nervous system.
• PEMF stimulates GABA (an inhibitory neurotransmitter that calms and relaxes nerve impulses). GABA is a neurotransmitter, which is a chemical used by our nervous system to conduct appropriate nerve impulses. GABA is responsible for calming the nervous system by improving the ability to turn off the sympathetic nervous system (the fight or flight portion of our autonomic or automatic adapting nervous system) and turn on the parasympathetic nervous system (the rest and digest portion of our autonomic nervous system). PEMF has also been found to induce GABA in certain parts of the brain. When the body relaxes, the parasympathetic nervous system takes control and the body can start or continue its natural healing process.
• PEMF improves sleep and promotes relaxation. According to the National Sleep Foundation, 48 percent of Americans complain of occasional insomnia. PEMF increases GABA levels and counteracts the sympathetic nervous system response in the body. These actions help promote better sleep and reduce stress.
• Increased Circulation. One of the most basic functions magnetic fields have in the body is to increase circulation. When a cell (such as a red blood cell) is injured or ill, it does not hold its ideal charge. This causes red cells to “stick” together, making circulation slow. When a magnetic field passes through the red cell, the membrane becomes properly charged, allowing the cell to repel itself and keep itself separate from other red cells, thereby increasing circulation. In addition, PEMFs increase various chemicals in the blood vessel walls that cause the blood vessels to dilate, improving the amount of blood flowing through the vessels and therefore increasing the amount of oxygen delivered to the tissues. Poor circulation makes tissues unhealthy and prone to disease and breakdown. Improved circulation helps tissues get the nutrition and oxygen they need, while expelling the waste they produce. Good circulation helps with tissue healing and regeneration. The result of improved circulation is the reduction of swelling and the removal of bruising.
- Enhanced Muscle Function. Muscle energy, needed for muscles to work, is developed through a process called Myosin Phosphorylation. Myosin is muscle, and phosphorylation is energy (ATP) production. Optimal energy allows muscles to work harder and longer, and recover more quickly from their work. Muscles that are contracted or in spasm are better able to relax, decreasing tension and reducing the pain caused by spasm.
• Decreased Inflammation. Inflammation is a cascade of physiologic processes initiated by the body to repair cellular damage in tissues by increasing the blood flow to the damaged area and increasing the number of good inflammatory cells. The process of inflammation is generated and supported by the interaction of a number of immune cell types, with other cell types (like T cells) playing a regulatory role in the cascade effect. Inflammation is a necessary and beneficial process, but it often persists longer than necessary, resulting in chronic inflammation.
Chronic inflammation is frequently a cause of chronic pain. PEMFs have been found to reduce chronic, damaging inflammation. Inflammation can be initiated by many causes, and knowing the nature of the cause is important in designing therapeutic approaches.
T cells are a major regulator of the inflammatory cascade. In bacterial infections, early infiltration of the affected tissues by white blood cells is followed by the arrival of T cells, which kill bacteria. In this circumstance, elimination of T cells can delay or stop healing.
Conversely, in trauma-induced injury, T cells are less important to the healing process, and may be harmful if present for too long. In this case, elimination of T cells can minimize the unwanted effects of inflammation, accelerate healing, and reduce the risk of chronic inflammatory diseases. In chronic inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, or tendinitis, T cells support the persistence of the disease state, and removing them would be favorable.
Research shows us that PEMFs can induce the appropriate death of aged, chronic T lymphocytes, by actions on T cell membranes and key enzymes in cells. For example, PEMFs affect ion flow through specific cell membrane channels (like those for sodium, potassium, and calcium), which positively affect these enzymes.
- Stress Reduction. Stress is part of being human. Normal stress, called eustress, is necessary for survival. Too much stress is very harmful to the body, and accelerates aging. Stress is responsible for at least 65% of our illnesses, so stress reduction is necessary for all of us. Stress-reducing activities, performed on an occasional basis, will allow too much stress-related damage to accumulate over time. Therefore, stress reduction must be a daily activity. Magnetic fields have many stress-reducing effects. Daily use of PEMFs help to wash away the negative effect natural stresses have on our bodies.
- Bone Healing. Magnetic fields pass through the body – even the bones – as if the body wasn’t even there. PEMFs work to repair bones, whether they are damaged by surgery, injury, or disease, and have been found to improve bone regeneration such as occurs with osteoporosis and osteopenia, among other bone destroying conditions.
- Blood Oxygenation. Just as a fire cannot burn without oxygen, our cells cannot produce heat and energy without oxygen. Our lungs extract oxygen from the air we breathe. It passes into our blood and is carried by arteries away from the heart and delivered to the rest of the body, including all the organs. PEMFs help with the process of extracting oxygen out of the air we breathe and help it to be transported into the circulation. The absorbed oxygen is then transported through the body to all the cells, where it is absorbed into the individual cells. In the cells, enzymes and other basic cell energy production processes use the oxygen for cell metabolism, the energy necessary to function properly. The metabolism of an organism determines which substances it will find nutritious and which it will find harmful. Proper blood-oxygen levels at the cell level (not just in the blood) allow this process to continue quickly and efficiently. After the oxygen exchange takes place, veins carry deoxygenated blood and metabolic waste products away from those same cells and back to the heart for recycling again.
The purpose of this page is to provide a basic understanding of how magnetic fields, especially PEMFs, work in the body.
IN ADDITION TO THESE BASIC BALANCING ACTIONS, MAGNETIC FIELDS ALSO HELP WITH MANY OTHER FUNCTIONS AND CONDITIONS, AND NEW ACTIONS ARE DISCOVERED REGULARLY. SOME OF THESE OTHER ACTIONS INCLUDE:
- reducing muscle tension
- improving tissue healing
- reducing pain
- increasing energy
- improving clotting factors
- slowing the development of arthritis
- stimulating the immune system
- helping the body to detoxify
- improving the uptake of nutrients
- reducing blood pressure
- helping nerve function
- helping liver function
- balancing the acupuncture meridians
- improving sleep
- making soft tissue more flexible
- reducing arthritic changes.
Learn more about the nuts and bolts here.
For more details about the natural approach I take with my patients, take a look a the book I wrote entitled: Reclaim Your Life; Your Guide To Revealing Your Body’s Life-Changing Secrets For Renewed Health. It is available in my office or at Amazon and many other book outlets.
If you found value in this article, please contact us with the form on this page and see how we can help!
If you’d like to dive deeper with PEMF therapy, take a moment to download this article from Dr. Oz on PEMF.